New members are welcome to join us to participate in the exciting sport of target pistol shooting. Pistol shooting is a safe and stimulating sport for all ages from 11 years old and up.
The rules and regulations for obtaining and holding a firearms license, are governed by the Queensland Police Service under the Weapons Act.
Steps to apply
- Existing QLD category A/B licence holders, start from step 2.
- Existing QLD category H licence holders, start from step 3.
- Interstate transfers please review “Transferring to COBPC”.
Apply for a “Statement of Eligibility” with Queensland Police. You will need to fill out an Application form for “Statement of Eligibility” (QP515) and submit it to Queensland Police in person at a police station.
Once you have applied at a police station, you will receive your “Statement of Eligibility” in the mail. This is the document we need as part of your new member application.
Duration: 2 – 4 months
Download the character references form, and ask two (2) people that have known you for at least two (2) years to complete them. COBPC will not accept references from family members.
Collect all supporting documentation to start your New Member Application. You need to supply a scanned copy of:
- Category H Licence (if applicable)
- Category A/B Licence (if applicable)
- Character reference 1 (the club will not accept family member declaration)
- Character reference 2 (the club will not accept family member declaration)
- Parental consent letter (for applicants under the age of 18)
Additionally, unlicensed applicants will need to supply a scanned copy of:
- Statement of eligibility as supplied to you by Queensland Police in the mail (Not applicable if you have Cat A/B licence)
- Drivers licence / Passport
If you are transferring from another club, you will need to supply a scanned copy of:
- Letter from your current club confirming financial membership
- Your participation record from past 12 months
If you are applying for a student membership, you will need to supply a scanned copy of:
- Student ID card of a registered tertiary education provider
- Supporting document to show you are a Full-time student
(If your Student ID card doesn’t already display this)
Start your online application process!
Please Note: You will not be able to submit the form without attaching all required supporting documents.
Applicants will be provided with a login to complete the COBPC Introduction & Safety Fundamentals Online Course and exam.
Course results are reviewed and successful applicants will be invited to login to the Member Portal and pay for their membership.
Once payment is made the applicant is now considered a financial member of the club. New members are encouraged to book into regular new member matches, courses and training events.
In six months from this date new members may apply for a club letter of support to apply for their Category H license.
Duration: Up to 1 week
A Category H Weapons Safety Course must be completed prior to applying for a license.